Friday, August 7, 2009

Ben says, "Myyy Hoouuuuse."

The house building is progressing. I've only had two near meltdowns and only yelled at our builder once (although I yelled at him in my head a few more times).

The good news is most of the decisions have been made and, well, if my counters don't match my dura ceramic and that doesn't match my light fixtures then please don't tell me because it was agonizing. Internet! Trust me, it was agonizing.

That being said, I can't wait. Truly. It's coming together and despite the warnings we were given, I don't want to divorce my husband. He's been my friend and my punching bag when the little things get to me. I couldn't do it with anyone else.

One thing about Ben. The kid is talking up a storm. He even sings the first two lines of the Barney song, thanks to Grandma Gin. Who also, coincidentally, taught him to say na-na-nana-na.

One thing we can't get him to say is Ben. For the longest time when one of us asks him what his name is he either says mine or my. Crazy, I know. Ben is like the easiest word for a child to say. This is how I know he's just stubborn though. Yesterday I said, "Can you say Ben?" and then I sounded it out, "B-B-B Ben."

He responded with, "B-B-B Mine." But then not 15 minutes later with the Cars movie in my hand standing in front of the TV literally holding it hostage, I asked him again and he said it perfectly. So he's already THAT kid. Rob would say he gets the stubbornness from his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment