Friday, May 1, 2009

My first entry and it's about vomit


Do you have any idea what kind of pressure is involved in starting a blog? 

Ben is doing more and more things that I would consider entertaining enough to blog about so in the spirit of having recorded memories...TaDA! 

Today's entry involves something that happened last Wednesday night at church. It involves a table full of good, church goin' folk, my son and a hot dog. Well, I'll let my friend Sarah explain. I don't think I could top her narrative from her blog. 

I was having a wonderful dinner with some very wonderful friends, when one of our Sr. Highers says to my friends, the Peske's (Nicole, here is where I would insert the link to your blog - if you had one!!!)that he would like to see their 2 year old stick the rest of his hot dog in his mouth at once. Silly, crazy Sr. Higher..... It was about an inch of hot dog and guess what said 2 year old (Ben) did? He stuck it in his mouth, the whole thing! We were all amazed, just watching him, then he was having some trouble chewing it all up - Mom to the rescue, Nicole is trying to get it out of his mouth and Ben began choking, wailing when he got a breath and then the grand finale - (by the way, the rest of this post is not for the faint of heart) he starts puking! I mean like not just little bits of hot dog, but like breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!! I turn away immediately because imagine this, I'm still eating dinner - and I have a plateful of mashed potato salad (another story) left on my plate. And I WASN'T going to let that go to waste. Well, after that entire episode, said Sr. Higher felt awful. He felt so bad that I think his night was just completely ruined. But I told him not to worry, it happens to the best of us - I'm sure all of y'all out there have wonderful regretful choking/puking stories of your kids, or heck, maybe even of yourselves! Anyway, there is a lesson here - don't try to get a 2 year old to eat a gigantic chunk of hot dog. They might just do it! 

On a side note - I'm looking for a clever title for my blog. Maybe something incorporating the last name Peske. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Nicole! I like Peske Thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Peske Thoughts too - I thought it was so stinkin' creative of you. Actually when I read it, I was like - "Oh man, Nicole has such a cool last name for a blog, I'm so jealous. I wish I had a cool last name for a blog." Seriously, that's exactly what I thought and here you are asking for ideas - weird!!! And PS. I'll go back and edit my post now so that people can link right to your blog from that post and see what a cute little num-chucker, or hot dog puker you have!!! :)

    ReplyDelete