Friday, August 22, 2014

Tomorrow

I've never had trouble sleeping. Even in the most stressful situations, I can sleep to the morning no problem. Until now. Yesterday and today I woke up before 6 a.m. and my mind immediately races to the next several days. Perhaps I'll feel better after we're done packing today. 

Passing court = posting pictures!
I see I need to bring you up to speed, faithful readers (I did not promise you would be following a reliable blogger). We did pass court in July and then were told we would get the court decree we needed to allow us to travel in August. So a couple of weeks ago we waited to hear we had gotten it on the day we were told. It turns out our agency traveled tot he courts on a Monday, that Wednesday, told to come back that Friday (that brings us to last week), told to come back Monday, then Tuesday, then finally on Wednesday they were handed the precious piece of paper that needed to be sent to Emily's orphanage to prove that she is ours and we can take her out of the orphanage. So last Wednesday we were told we would be traveling tomorrow and were left to frantically find last minute plane tickets to Bulgaria. 

Well, we found them. 

They were the most expensive and worst flights I have ever seen. You know it's bad when your travel agent apologizes over and over for not being able to make it better. 

We leave tomorrow morning and right away have a 10 1/2 hour layover in Denver. Thank goodness for my friend and former co-worker, Sarah, who has agreed to pick us up in Denver, take us to breakfast and show us around. : ) It should be a nice  and relaxing day. Then we fly to Frankfurt and have another 7 hour layover before we finally fly to Sofia. 

Our trip will be a little different this time. Instead of driving to the city Emily is in, we'll be flying. So Monday morning we'll fly there, pick her up, spend the night and then Tuesday morning will fly back to Sofia. 

Tuesday we'll get her the medical appts that the US requires before she leave (she needs to be TB tested), Wednesday is a free day, Thursday we have our exit interview at the the US Embassy, Friday they hand over all our paperwork (her visa, passport, etc.) to us and Saturday morning early we start the trek home. 

It will be a whirlwind and I'm already longing to be back in the home we haven't left yet, but as hard and stressful and overwhelming as next week will be, it will be the last time we are in her birth country for a very long time and I don't want to miss a moment. 

We covet your prayers. We have so many prayer requests we don't even know how to list them all out, but God knows. He knows what we need and what we want even when we don't know how to ask. Rob has reminded me a dozen times that he has brought us this far and will see it through to the end. 

We'll try to update here as much as possible while we're gone, but our Facebook group, Peske Family - Bound for Bulgaria, is much easier to post to, so if you have Facebook, head over there. You'll get more frequent updates that way. 






1 comment:

  1. What a lovely little girl. Congratulations and a speedy homecoming.

    ReplyDelete