| They seem so normal. |
The boys have a little sister.
We wanted to wait until we were 100% sure she was ours before we broke the news.
One morning before school, I held photos of her face down and close to my chest. I asked them, "Who do we pray for every night before bed?" Realizing that our list is quite long and I wasn't getting my message across, I switched tactics.
"You know that God answers prayers, right?"
::a lots of head nodding::
I flipped around the photos excitedly and shoved them in their faces. "Who do you think this is?"
"Our sister?!" Ben asked tentatively.
They both got huge smiles on their faces and spent about two minutes shuffling through the photos we have. And that was it. They promptly went back to the Pokemon they were watching on TV before I asked them to pause it. Anticlimactic.
Ben stayed silent even at school until after the weekend was over. On Monday, Ben came home from school and said that he told his teacher and she asked if he could bring pictures the next day.
The next day after school he reported with enthusiasm that the teacher had him tell the class about his sister, show the photos and talk about where she was from, what her name is and when she was going to come home. After he was done, she got out a map and showed the class where Bulgaria is.
God bless teachers.
We are so grateful to Mrs. Reim for allowing Ben to talk about it and for using it as a learning tool for the class.
It was different after that day. I really think it became more real for him when he got to share in his own words what is happening. Now he talks about his sister and asks questions about what life will be like after she's here.


No comments:
Post a Comment