Thursday, December 13, 2012

One More, One Less

 
"I will not leave you as orphans,
I will come to you."
- John 14:18
 
 
It's amazing to look back with 20/20 vision and see the work God does. He is amazing. The seeds he plants, the connections he makes, the stories he allows us to witness all become a part of the story, future and plan he has for us.
 
Two summers ago when we were praying over our own adoption, I kept feeling like God was laying it on my heart that this was bigger than us. He kept placing Charity (our church) on my heart.
Well, you want to freak people right out? You tell them that God is telling you that the church you (and they) attend needs to be more involved with orphan care and adoption. Seriously. Watch people go running for the (Killdeer) mountains.
 
As it turns out there was a lot of "sleeper" adoption interest. After I posted this post about God calling us to adoption, I had four (count them 1. 2. 3. 4.) people admit to me that they had felt a nudge to adopt. Yes, God. We are listening.
 
That same summer we were doing the research, the precious Kindel family was coming home from India with their daughter, Rupa. God was laying it on their hearts as well that there needs to be a place for people to go for support and financial assistance (the #1 reason people don't pursue adoption).
 
They approached me and two other wonderful women who have a big heart for the fatherless with their vision and One More, One Less (OMOL) was created.
 
More about OMOL next time, but for now follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/onemoreonelessministry and on our website at www.onemoreonelessministry.com.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment