We were shocked to get our precious NBC approval letter in the mail yesterday, only one week after we had our fingerprints done in Fargo. Thank you U.S. government! This document gives us permission to bring our child back into the U.S.So this is our final step that is in our control. Will this cause me to be out of control? Probably. Thank the good Lord I have a husband who is not a worrier and grounds me (like not in the grounds-me-and-sends-me-to-my-room sense). We'll send our paperwork to our agency and they'll send it on to meet up with the rest of our paperwork that is already in Bulgaria and translated.
Seems so final. And yet the tough part is still to come. So what will we do while we wait for our daughter(s)? We will, of course, continue to raise two hilarious and amazing boys. We will probably hold our breath every time our social worker calls. We'll hopefully remember to blog.
We're also excited about an orphan advocacy ministry that we're helping start up at our church. I so desperately want God to take our one or two and turn it into 20...or 50 (but we'll start with 20)...
I want to talk to more people about adoption. I want to be transparent and share our story.
Several people in the last six months have shared with me that they may be feeling the nudge from God to step forward to adopt. I want to talk to you for a second.
I want you to know that this really can be for you. That money is undoubtedly an obstacle, but it is not a deal-breaker. That I know you may already have one child in each room available, but that there is room for more. I want you to know that God has your back in this. He will never leave you (even if you say no to what he asks of you). He has a plan for you. All he asks is that you step out in faith.I want you to know that I want to help you. I want to walk with you in your process and I want to help you raise the money you need to make this happen. You are not alone. Let's chat or go to coffee.
I am so excited for you! It's great to see others walking through the same (or similar) path with adoption...and share the passion of caring for orphans. It was such a relief when I finally said "OK, God, take my life (our lives really) and do what you want with it...I'll trust you!" Love that you are encouraging others!
ReplyDelete