As you know from the previous post, we had all our reference letters in on Tuesday, January 17. I decided I would sit on my hands and give our social worker one week to contact us to schedule our interviews. Well...I almost made it. I emailed her on Monday of this week. I didn't get an email, but I got one better...a phone call!
Our social worker informed us that she is too busy to do our home study and one of her co-workers from Fargo will be doing it instead. This is the short answer...we are totally fine with this. Actually, we're more than that...we are ecstatic about this.
Because our new social worker will be coming from Fargo, we'll have to do all our interviews and our home visit in one day. This will be one overwhelming day, but we figure it should get our paperwork over to Bulgaria about 8 weeks sooner.
For the love of Martha...I was so excited after I got off the phone that I was shaking. We had asked earlier about doing all the interviews at once to get everything done faster and save ourselves some scheduling issues and were told it just wasn't a possibility.
We are trying to balance the need for speed with the realization that God is working His perfect plan. One step at a time...
“Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!” (Psalm 27:14)
No comments:
Post a Comment