Monday, December 19, 2011

Bountiful Blessings

When we said yes to this adoption, we said yes knowing that we don't have the money for it. That's a giant leap of faith for two people who are very careful with their money. We know it will work out, we know that God has an always perfect plan...but it would be a lot easier to have our daughter in our arms and talk in the past tense about the goodness of God and how he fulfilled his promise and completed our story than it is to be in the middle, looking at the deadlines and all the zeros and wondering if the money will be there.
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the East and gather you from the West." ~ Isaiah 43:5
But what kind of a faith would that be? To only trust when it comes to the easy stuff. It's really easy to walk the walk when it doesn't really matter.

I get my courage up and say yes and then doubt creeps into my mind and I wonder what the heck we're doing. I read your kind words on Facebook and in the comments section of the blog and I feel reaffirmed and then I go online to pay bills and I see the balance of our savings and I wonder how.

But friends! (there I am being all dramatic again) GOD is so much bigger. He is teaching me so many things through this process and he is showing me little by little that He really does have it covered. That that statement is more than just a cliche, it's the truth.

A couple of examples just from this week:
  • Our agency made a couple of minor errors on their cost estimate sheet, causing the price to drop by about $1500.
  • The company I work for, a NONPROFIT, is for the first time in my eight years of working here granting a $500 bonus to employees.
  • Rob has been super busy the past several weekends with Christmas gigs which means an extra several hundred dollars.
These are not coincidences and we feel totally blessed.

So last night we were watching TV and we heard the storm door open and something hit the door. I got up  and opened the door and found a remote and car key on the floor. I looked out and there, in front of our house was a blue Dodge Ram. I turned around and asked Rob why someone was dropping off a truck and he said that he didn't know...to which I jokingly laughed and replied, "Praise the LORD! Someone gave us a truck to include in our silent auction!! Thank you Jesus." OK - so it ended up being our neighbors. Someone thought our house was theirs. Oh well!
Speaking of silent auctions - someone has generously agreed to host a fundraiser for us in February. We'll share more details as we have them!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, what is my problem???? I can't stand to see the comment part of your blog and a big fat Zero with a nice things said behind it. So, here I am to say something nice.....Ummmmm.....huh.....Ok. May I please help somehow with your fundraiser? I am the bookkeeper at my job so I am qualified to count money, I can run a tape for the checks, I'm a whiz with a calculator - I don't even have to look and I can punch in the numbers....It's usually pretty close to accurate. AND, I'm totally trustworthy and honest. Just know that if there's anything I can do, I'd be glad to help. ~grandma Pam

    ReplyDelete